Join Sydney and Taylor in a raw conversation unlike any episode we’ve done so far. Taylor leads an in-depth discussion based off of her experience reading chapter three of Eckhart Tolle’s book “The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment.” She’s been practicing Tolle’s principle that the only real thing is what’s happening right NOW – not the past, not the future – and to only put your energy toward the present. Taylor explains specific points around this teaching that has helped her release trapped emotions and made her feel like a completely different person.
- Time is an illusion: If time doesn’t exist, your mind is at ease because you’ve taken the pressures off of yourself.
- The only thing that’s real is what’s happening right now. Not the past and not the future.
- If you’re thinking about the past or thinking about the future, you aren’t living in the present.
- We are not our minds. Use it as a tool but don’t be run by your mind.
- Time isn’t precious. What’s happening right now is precious.
- We can be aligned anywhere in the world at any point in time by choosing to live in the NOW.
- Worrying about the future is giving away our now.
- Is there joy, ease or lightness in what you’re doing? If there isn’t, time is covering up the present moment. You cannot give your fullest attention to something and also resist it.
- Do not be focused on the final result, just pay attention to the process and the final result will come.
- A problem is a situation in which we put worry and fear.
- Problems and suffering both need time to survive. Don’t give the problems and suffering time and they will be gone.
- Focus on the now and all your problems will dissolve.
- Don’t be anxious about tomorrow: You are provided for *abundantly* by God. There’s more than enough for everybody.
- You can use the knowledge you learned from the past and your hope for the future to plan presently.
- Matter-of-fact planning and not worrying about the outcome is how you can plan and stay present.
- Be where you are.
- We make our lives harder by not being present. Focus on the now and your life will flow with joy and ease.
- You are complete and whole NOW. You do not have to look to the future for fulfillment.
Our Kickstarter now to get our limited edition “What the Eff” sweatshirt!
Eckhart Tolle’s book “The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment.”
Sign up for the Cove newsletter: https://covewear.com/ (You can sign up for the newsletter on the slider or at the bottom of the main page)