I’m doing something different today. I’m giving you an update on what’s going on in my life, along with a sneak peek of an exciting project that’s about to launch – and I’m sharing lessons I’m learning that are helping me evolve personally and professionally.
The Last Few Weeks
As you may or may not know, I’ve been dating a guy named LJ for about a year and we recently moved in together. We’ve been busy combining our lives and figuring out our new normal in Virginia. I’m happy to say the unpacking is complete when it comes to our home. (Hallelujah!) We’re now settling into life together and it’s wonderful. I feel so blessed to have him in my life and his family as well. It’s a tremendous experience to be in love and talking about building a future with someone I care so deeply for.
As far as my business, Cove, the move had been a good time for me to pause and rethink my next steps since I have been experiencing a burnout lately. I’m still maintaining Cove and filling orders, but I am pumping to breaks to think about my next move so I can go bigger. Through this, I’ve been investing in my own education. I work with life coaches regularly and invest in amazing online education programs, including one from Tony Robbins. I’m strengthening myself as a leader so I can come back with ideas that are more in flow.
My New Membership Program
My focus has been on building my brand at TaylorMorgan.us. I wanted to have this website as a landing place where I can teach people about mindfulness. I’ve seen how my life has completely transformed by working on my psychology. This site is a place for you to come when you need to be uplifted and supported, and a place where you can learn tools and techniques to manifest what you want.
I am going to be launching a membership on TaylorMorgan.us where you can be coached by me monthly. I’ve searched the internet learning from people like Tony Robbins and Gabby Bernstein. I’ve spent thousands of dollars to develop myself as a person and a business owner. And with all this, I’ve learned how vital it is to have support – and I want to offer this to you. I want to coach you every month, teach you a new concept monthly and to help you as you face questions or self doubt. All the details will be explained on Friday, May 3. If you feel you are ready to go to the next level, this will be a great place for you.
Whether it’s with me or someone else, I really encourage you to invest in yourself. As a friend, I encourage you to find a program that takes care of your mind first. Your beliefs shape your realities. So let’s get your mind in the right spot.
Questions from YOU!
How has living together been? Any big surprises?Moving in was a little overwhelming with all the unpacking. But now it’s amazing. We were long-distance before so we weren’t used to being able to spend much time together – so this is really incredible.
Any big surprises about each other?
I’ve learned LJ floods the bathroom when he comes out of the shower. So other than me almost slipping all the time, no surprises!
Do you have any tattoos?
I do not! I don’t think I love anything enough to have it on my body forever – and I certainly don’t have the pain tolerance for it!
What are you reading?
Are you and Sydney still in touch?
We are not. We’re not on bad terms and I wish her the best. I have nothing but love for her, but I think we both need time at this moment to focus on our own lives.
Can we get an update on Cove getting into the showroom? Are you still trying to get into Nordstrom or Saks?
We had a lot of meetings upfront but nothing was following through. I put a pause on it so I can focus on marketing Cove. I need to get my ducks in a row so I can take on a Saks or a Nordstrom. I’m making a big order with the universe and I know it will come to me.
Have you and LJ talked about kids names and how many kids do you want?
We have not talked about names! And we’ll see what the number ends up being. I’ve always wanted four kids, he’s always wanted two or three.
Are you and LJ getting married soon? Do you want kids?
Hopefully we’re getting married soon, and yes, we want kids!
Are you finding friends in your new city?
Funny enough, I am finding friends thanks to this podcast! Thank you to those who have reached out to me.
Things I’ve Been Learning
I wanted to share some life lessons I’ve been learning lately that are really helpful to both my business and my personal life. So without further adieu…
- Spread things out more. I have a really bad habit of knowing I have 20 things to do and then crunching everything into a few days. It’s a recipe for disaster. Now I’m giving myself a “One Task a Day” rule. I’m choosing one task a day and going after it 120%. Rome wasn’t built in a day. My businesses don’t have to be built in a day either.
- Early to be, early to rise. I’ve really been practicing this since I moved in with LJ and it feels so good. I love being back on a schedule.
- Pay bills with gratitude and send love and thanks to this person for this service. Is it just me or is paying bills so anxiety-inducing? Doing this new practice feels so good. I love putting this energy out in the world.
- Let help in. Freeing up my time at this point in my life and business is valuable. Letting help in allows this to happen and it’s incredibly helpful.
- Enjoy life now. We are human beings and we’re meant to be just that while feeling joy. Don’t let schedules get in the way of that.
- Drop my stories. I’m really working on taking any story that could be a block or a limiting belief and unattaching it from my thought process.